How and when will you collect my personal information?
When you visit the website, place an order or register with Fire & Felt, we will ask you for information such as your name, address, telephone number, email address and your credit or debit card details so that we can process your order and get your purchases to you as quickly as possible. We’ll also collect information if you sign up for our newsletter, respond to an online survey or marketing communication, enter a competition or prize draw or contact us via email, in writing or by calling our customer services number.
How will you keep my personal information safe?
We comply fully with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018. We only work with compliant credit and debit card processing companies to ensure that we are taking every possible precaution to ensure your data is kept safely away from any unauthorised access.
How will you use this data?
We use the information we collect from you for a few reasons:
- to register you to shop online with Fire & Felt
- to process and finalise any orders you place on our site
- to deal with any queries or quibbles you may have
- to personalise our service to you
- to manage promotions, competitions, prize draws, surveys and questionnaires
- to check and verify you are who you say you are and prevent or detect any fraudulent or criminal activity (to do so, your information may be supplied to the police, credit reference agencies or legal advisers in connection with any alleged criminal offence or where required by law)
- to send you our newsletter or keep you up-to-date with new products that we think you might be interested in. If you tell us you don’t want to hear from us – or opt-out of any future marketing communications, to give it its legal terminology – then we promise that we won’t bother you at all. If you want to unsubscribe from our communication at any time then simply click the unsubscribe link at the bottom of your email and follow the instructions, and we will promptly remove you from all correspondence.
Will you pass on my details to third parties?
- remember and process the items in your shopping basket so your stuff will be waiting there for you next time you visit us if you leave without completing your purchase
- see which bits of our site you visit the most (and which you don’t) so we can keep tweaking and improving our services and tools for you. We may also use trusted third-party services to track this information on our behalf.
Most web browsers are set up to automatically accept cookies, but you can choose to turn them off if you’d prefer not to share with us. However, if you do decide to disable cookies, then you might not be able to order online or use all of the fabulous bits of our site but you can still order over the phone by contacting us. If you do this, we’ll ask you to send us a cheque for your purchase or pay by bank transfer.
How do I get in touch with you?
This policy is correct as of May 2018. Fire & Felt reserve the right to change this policy at any time.